OpenSquiggly Platform Development
A software development company.
The customer came to us with an idea to develop an MVP of a platform which would provide an opportunity to store accumulated knowledge and use it within the software development team.
Our web team has significant experience in Minimum Viable Product development for start-up companies. As a result, we managed to complete the project related to OpenSquiggly platform creation in 12 months.
This management tool has rich functionality that allows faster decision making, as well as the ability to achieve consistency and good results through teamwork. The OpenSquiggly system provides software developers with the following opportunities for their work:
- A common space where accumulated knowledge is utilized for teamwork.
- Create an organization in the system and share documents between certain users.
- Tight integration with Git clients such as Azure DevOps, Bitbucket, GitHub, GitLab.
- Copy the code from Git clients and transfer it to OpenSquiggly, where a developer can use it in different directions: reviewing, making changes, updating, and searching for certain files.
- The high degree of flexibility and convenience of the system enables it to quickly search for program documents.
- A hierarchical tree of pages helps organize the knowledge base that makes finding the necessary information faster and with greater ease. Pages can be arranged any way a developer chooses.
- The ability to upload pictures and screenshots.
- Keep up-to-date source-code, reference documentation, and architecture documents.
- Possibility of highlighting different programming languages depending on the file type.
The workflow for a developer in the OpenSquiggly platform follows a certain plan:
- By creating an OpenSquiggly account, a developer can connect it to various sources of documentation; for example, to GitHub, and access any of the repositories and the files they contain.
- At this stage, a developer can start creating a document tree by configuring a set of document mappings. In such cases, mapping allows connecting a route in a document tree to a path in a repository from an external document source.
- The mapped documents are displayed in the published document tree immediately. There is no build server to configure, no scripts to run, no static files to deploy to a web server—the system does all the work for the developer.
With the functionality of OpenSquiggly, it is possible to structure and organize teamwork plus share the organization’s knowledge base and information that software developers need to work effectively.
Our team managed to develop a convenient management tool with standard functionality that fully met the customer’s requirements: a new platform that provides a common space for effective work between software developers, where they can conduct advanced searches for programming documents, and build an intuitive page hierarchy.
In addition, this MVP project is self-sufficient and may well be used to attract investment for further development.